Check out the blurb and a little about Kay:
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Interracial Romance
Zoe Reynolds’ life is thrown in a tailspin when she catches her fiancé sleeping with his receptionist. Reeling from his betrayal and wanting a change fast, she cuts her hair and purchases tickets to go on a seven day cruise to the Caribbean. All Zoe wanted was some fun in the sun and some time to paint. That was until she meets handsome but shy Donatello “Donnie” Carson, a forensics investigator who is on the cruise only to appease his best friend. Donnie is still hung up over bitter loses in his life, but with Zoe, he is able to start living again.
Though both have past wounds, sparks fly, and their connection sends them on a whirlwind romance. Can Zoe and Donnie let go of the past and find solace in each other?
Getting to Know Kay Blake:
My Top Ten Favorite Things about Summer
Since, my novelette takes place in the summer, I thought I would share a few things that I like about the summer. They are in no particular order.
- The zoo- I know how crazy that sounds, but I am a mama bear. I have three cubs and well, the zoo seems so much more inviting when the sun is bright and shining. I also love big cats, you know tigers, leopards, panthers and jaguars. (If I could have one-I would in a heartbeat lol)
- Fruity drinks– I am a sucker for a good fruity drink and though I don’t drink too often this is the time of year that a Bahama Mama or an Orange-Cherry Champagne Cocktail
- A good book- Because a good book goes along with any weather
- Weddings- I may be a little bias since I just had a summer wedding, but seeing all the pictures of weddings in the park, beaches or anywhere in nature is one of my favorite things about summer.)
- The beach- Give me a beach umbrella, a book and a beach chair and I am there)
- Summer Fashion- NYC is one of the cities that fashion its peak. I picked out a few trendy pieces for my summer collection and I can’t wait to show it off.
- Ice Cream and more ice cream- Because let’s face it, who doesn’t love ice cream?
- BBQs- Most time Memorial Day marks the beginning of BBQ season. I love the burgers, hotdogs and chicken off the grill with a nice cold glass of lemonade. (I am drooling just thinking about it.)
- Summer break for my cubs- When the cubs are out of school, I have more time to do things with them outside of the house. Outings and outdoor events are fun with the cubs around.
- More time to spend with friends- There are so much things to do in the summer. Summer in NYC makes it easier and more convenient to hang out and have a good time with friends.
Kay Blake was born in the city that never sleeps or as she sees it arguably the greatest city in the world (NYC). She have always loved written word and breezed through books all of her life. She decided to take a real stab at writing professionally in 2014 and have been on a roll since.
She is a mama to three cubs and recently re-married. She is working on her psychology degree. Her guilty pleasures are chocolate, wine, a good book, and horror movies. You can find her being sarcastic while bawling at romance movies and being a super mom.
Twitter: Author Kay Blake/ www.twitter.com/authorkayblake
Instagram: AuthorKayBlake/ www.instagram.com/authorkayblake
Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading ~ Jen